Friday, June 29

Kissy Face

When we were visiting Oregon earlier this month (I can't believe June is almost over already), we had lunch at the Rogue Brewery. That's some seriously tasty beer.

While we were waiting for our food, Pete and Nora went over to the side of the room to play with a Lego table that was set up there. As soon as they arrived at the table, a little boy who was already there grabbed Nora and sat her down next to him. They sat down beside each other for a little bit, and when Nora tried to stand up, he'd grab her arm and keep her from leaving. Then he started hugging her. And then, he started kissing her.

He was definitely not creating a scene for the sake of his parents or so people would laugh or notice him. He just wanted to sit down and do some kissing. And Nora was completely into it. Then she was leaning over and giving him kisses and not letting him leave.

I was a little bit dumbstruck as a Dad. I thought it was completely harmless and cute, but I did feel a little bit protective, in a way that made no rational sense to my mind. There was no danger. They were just two toddlers showing affection in the manner that they're accustomed to. I guess I thought I'd get to ease into the experience of other humans showing affection for my humans.

There are more pictures in the web album.

2 comments:

jgilrein said...

guess the heartframe is down.

Art Monkey said...

i echo the fear and wonder at the thought of another small kiddo kissing on my little kiddo. i would have probably pulled lydia out of it, but now that you mention it is a strange situation. affection in a sweet form is one to ponder i suppose. as a young toddler i suppose i did my fair share of kissing ... never as bold as this little bloke. but hey, nora is a sweety, i am sure this is one kissy face predicament in a long line of em for her ... good luck to you my fellow father of a heartbreaker.