Friday, September 16

Lost



While taking a run along Waikiki beach last week, I stumbled upon a large crowd. I asked what everyone was waiting for, and someone told me that the cast of the TV show "Lost" was going to be arriving any minute and that they'd be premiering the first episode of season two on a large outdoor screen. So, I decided that if Heather couldn't be there with me (her favorite show right now is Lost), at least I could bring back some pictures for her. She has, after all, been serving as the effectively single mother of my children a lot of the time lately (I've been traveling for work quite a bit), and I was, at the moment, taking a run on Waikiki beach, after an afternoon of sunbathing and sitting on my hotel balcony (we really did work, I swear).

So, I ran back to my hotel, grabbed the camera, and ran back to the crowd. It took about 15 minutes, and when I got back, the first cast members were arriving. It was fun to see the celebrities, and interesting to participate in the crazy scene involving young girls giggling and screaming and reaching out to touch people, cast members signing women's chests (in exchange for a promise not to sue), and middle aged women who felt compelled to refer to rare trivia when asking for autographs:

Middle-aged Woman: Harold, Harold, will you sign this please!!!
Cast Member: Sure, here you go, are you going to get everybody?
Middle-aged Woman: I'm going to try! There are only 51 of you, after all.

I had to go catch my flight, so I didn't get pictures of everyone or see the season premiere, but I got a few pictures of favorites.

Heather was very excited that I got a picture of Matthew Fox:

I was happy to get a picture of Maggie Grace:

No comments: