Sunday, June 25

Uncovery #3

Once, at a job I had in high school, I took a poem or a prayer that I'd written, rolled it up, and stuck it inside of a bic pen. I wrote on the body of the pen, in easily missed, very small letters "open me", and put it back in the supply room.

It was quite a creative thrill. My brother Troy has done some really awesome art along the same lines but with a much greater sense of the art and the excitement of discovery. Stuff like adding books to the public library, sandblasting images onto the plastic Wendy's food trays. That sort of thing. It's always anonymous, and is always done in such a subtle way that it might or might not ever be discovered. The best thing about Troy's work for me, and probably for him, is thinking about these gems of artwork, sitting undiscovered right now.

Anyway, this guy's work (under the "hidden" section of his website) reminded me.

No comments: