Friday, July 15

Eleanor Pearl Briggs


8 pounds 5 ounces
21 inches
Born at 12:05pm today.
We're going to call her Nora.

Everything went great. Heather did an unbelievably impressive job, and we have a cute, hungry little girl. Nora's face is bruised pretty good from the quick trip out, but it's nothing serious.

Sorry to get the news out so late in the day, but a long day like this has a way of getting behind you.

Pete is interested in checking out the baby, and is visibly excited. He especially likes the new toys he's been getting. Heather feels good enough that she wishes she could come home tonight. I'm dazed after an emotional day, and looking forward to smoking a cigar later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahooooooo!!!!!!!! Give her a big kiss from me! You guys are so great. Good job, Heather!
Love, Carinna

Anonymous said...

Congradulations... you guys rock. I am so happy for you two. I am so glad that this will be a quick exit from the hospital and you can celebrate the new addition to the family at home.

We love you guys and look forward to meeting Nora.

seth

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Just checked your site and it seems we're a couple weeks behind, but excited for you nevertheless. We agree with Mike that Nora is a beautiful name and we add that Nora herself is also beautiful. We look forward to meeting her.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so thrilled for you guys. And I agree that Nora is a beautiful name. Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

Nora is my total favorite all time name. I love it! Congratulations to the Briggs family. I hope that all is well here.

We have a new puppy, which I know isn't a really big deal compared to Nora, but he is the newest love in our family. His name is Habib, named after our favorite African singer. It means "beloved". My friends from the south say I should've named him Osama Bin Spaniel. Up here in Oregon, of course, the name is cool.
Well, BIG HUGS TO HEATHER, AARON, PETE AND NORA.
Love,
Kate