Wednesday, July 13

Spot


Still no baby. So... I suppose I'll tell another charming anecdote about Pete to fill the time. Let me know if this gets boring. Parents tend to think everything their kid does is impossibly cute and unique. Surely telling stories about our kids over and over again will be interesting and entertaining to whoever will listen, right? I know that's not true, and kid stories end up being pretty repetitive, but I can't help it. So, tune it out if you're not interested.

After spending the day pretending to be Owen, Pete decided that he was going to pretend to be a dog. He was playing around with my belt, and you could see the light bulb blink on above his head. "This thing's like a leash, and I'm gonna be a puppy!". So, for the past 3 days, he's wanted to wear the belt around his waist, and he likes Heather to hold on to the free end. He enjoys going for walks. He likes to strain against the leash like he's seen puppies do. He'll come if you call, and even sit down if you ask him to. He insists that we refer to him as Spot, rather than Pete.

He has a whole world going on in there, and it's interesting that even though he's a late talker, and can't express much of his imagination with words, he is still very intent on sharing it however he can.

No comments: